Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost to our 6 week anniversary!

Tomorrow I have been here 6 weeks! There's really nothing new to report this past week. I have a sonogram tomorrow. This is one where we will find out the sizes of our girls, we really look forward to these! We are hopefully that they have both reached 3 lbs!! We're pretty confident that Miss Conley has passed up that milestone, and hopefully Cooper is still not far behind her. Of course we're also hoping that there is no change with my cervix, which has been true so far with bed rest. Since I've been here, I've had trouble gaining weight. It's been frustrating, because I eat as much as I can each day, but I still don't gain weight. This week was finally a week of weight gain! I've now gained 31 pounds for this pregnancy just short of 30 weeks, and no matter what the scale says, my tummy is growing everyday!!! Trust me, I can tell when I have to raise my bed table up higher :-) ! Along with our growing girls, I've started to have bad heartburn and even reflux at night when I sleep. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced. I have been startled awake to think I'm about to throw up or that I'm choking a few nights this past week, and just last night I actually got up to throw up a lot. It was awful!! My nurse brought me Mylanta which she had me sip slowly with a straw......YUCK! It's basically a minty, chalky milk ... and those of you that know me well, I hate milk! I can't even look at it before drinking it, because I think of milk. I talked to my doctor about what I had eaten for dinner, but she didn't think any of what I ate would cause reflux like this. I'm taking medicine for it every morning, so hopefully I get this under control. Conley is positioned really high and sometimes her entire body is laying across me just under my ribs, which I'm sure doesn't help with heartburn. Anyways, right now that is my biggest complaint. Otherwise, things seem to be going well. We'll post an update tomorrow after our sonogram!!

Campbell is still doing so well with this adjustment. She now says she's at Mommy's house when she is here to visit me, and when she refers to being home she'll say "at my house", meaning her house. I asked her if I could come live at her house soon, and she said "sure Mommy!" She also has learned her way around the Women's Center. Whenever they have come to get me for my baby shower or craft time and she's here, she likes to sit in my lap for the wheelchair ride. The room is just one room to the right of where I'm at, so she's familiar with where we are going anytime we get to go for a "ride". Well, last night I went for my NST around 8:30. Matt and my parents were both here with Campbell. She of course assumed she would get to ride with me, so we let her ride but then they would just bring her back to my room while I stayed for my test in Labor and Delivery. So, they put her in my lap for the ride, but we go the other direction down the hall than she is familiar with. She immediately asks, "are going dis way Mommy?" I said yes that we were going to a different room this time. Then, when we got to the room and I stood up to get in the bed, she said, "Mommy, this is not your bed!" I had to tell her I would go back to my bed shortly. It's so funny that she insists that I stay in MY room and MY bed where she has learned over the last 6 weeks that is where I have to stay. I look forward to being home with her soon, and I really do hope to be home for at least some period of time before the girls are born so I can reconnect with Campbell and participate with her at home before yet another major adjustment in her life.

Here are a couple sweet pictures of her yesterday. We painted her toenails blue with sparkles AND stickers!


4 comments:

Elaine said...

Missy, I have reflux. You are right, it is terrible! There are plenty of other things to take than that nasty stuff they gave you. Ask your doctor for a pill!! I use Pepcid AC.
Also, I have found that if I don't eat anything filling late at night that helps me to not have reflux.

Sara Ratliff said...

I am still amazed at the wonderful news, that is just really really great! Hang in there. I was thinking about coming to bring lunch to you a week from Friday, would that be ok?

KirkKrew said...

Another great update!! I can't wait to hear how big the girls have gotten. See you soon!!!

Christy said...

So cute! I can't wait for you to get to go home and be with Campbell!