Monday, July 20, 2009

Our precious Campbell keeps us laughing!

Campbell is just such a joyous gift to us! Not only were we just blessed to have a baby, and a healthy one at that, but man, we are so blessed with her entertaining personality! It just gets better and better everyday! She is just so witty and enthusiastic and silly...we enjoy her so much! Here are some funny things she has said recently...

Yesterday, she was here with Matt and my parents stopped by. Campbell was reading this ABC book. She loves to ask us, even when she sometimes knows what it is, "Mommy, what is this?" or "Daddy, what is this?" We can say back to her, "I don't know, what is that?", which she'll then attempt to answer herself. If we know she probably doesn't know the answer we'll play along and just tell her whatever she's pointing at. Well, yesterday she was pointing at the letters and asked my mom, "Nannie, what is this and what is this?" My mom told her that one is an upper-case 'A' and the other is a lower-case 'a'. Campbell very sternly and loudly replied, "Nannie! They are NOT cases, they are letters!" We all busted out laughing!

On Saturday when Matt got here with Campbell, he said, "Campbell, tell mommy what you got on the couch." She very proudly smiled and said, "I pooped!" I asked her if she pooped on the couch and she said no. Then I asked her if she pooped in her pants, and she said, "no, I pooped in my diaper and then on my fingers." Yes, people!! She put her hand into her diaper (which she was wearing from her nap) and apparently wiped it on the couch!!! OK, now none of you will ever want to sit on our couch again, but Matt has assured me that it has been cleaned thoroughly! Matt had taken a nap while she was supposedly sleeping, and then she showed up in his room to get in bed with him. He could tell her diaper was dirty, so he went to change her into clean panties. Then when he got to the couch, he saw (or smelled) what had happened and asked her about it. She very proudly admitted to it. She had gotten out of her room while he was asleep and spent some time hanging out on the couch before going to wake him up.

There are so many other funny things that she has said recently, but I'll try to come up with a list for another post!!

Here she is with Channing visiting me yesterday. I was reading them a book, and Campbell insisted that her duck from her Happy Meal see the book too! It was so funny, because she was very serious about it and just held the duck up while listening intently to the story.

4 comments:

KirkKrew said...

Silly Campbell! I love to hear her stories! ;)

KARA said...

Ahhh...I never get tired of Campbell stories. LOL at the "letters not cases"...so smart.

The Kaspars said...

So cute! This is a great age, isn't it? They are so funny and innocent.

Unknown said...

Missy,

Your blog is so inspirational, it is really amazing. I am praying for you and Cooper and Conley. Keep up the updates, I love reading your blog. Hugs to you and Matt!

Love, Dahlia