Sunday, July 12, 2009

24 Weeks and 2 Days!!!

There is nothing new to report really. Everything is still the same as of my checkup on Saturday. Same is good at this point, I guess. As long as things are worse, I'll take SAME! Unfortunately our "same" is not great news, but as long as bed rest can maintain "same" for a while longer, that is good news. The perinatologist did tell me that we are really just going to have to take this one day at a time and that I should probably talk to the NICU staff to get more questions answered and be better prepared. I think that's probably a good idea even though I'm still hopeful that it will still be beyond 28 weeks at least. I may ask to tour the NICU tomorrow or Tuesday and see if I can get more informed about the levels of preemies that they have. I'd like for Matt to go too, so hopefully we can work that out to both be there. I have another NST (non-stress test) tomorrow to see that I'm not having contractions and that the babies are not in distress.

The hospital stay has been just fine this far. The nurses have been great, and I'm starting to get more and more settled in. Unfortunately (but fortunately) I moved rooms today. It's great because it's a nicer room....has a small fridge, sleeper sofa and a patio next to the courtyard, BUT it takes some getting used to the new setup after being in the same room for 4 days. So, now that I'm all unpacked and settled into this room, they told me I'll probably move one more time on Tuesday. It's nice though, because the room is supposed to be almost twice as big as the one I'm in now (which is great for visitors) and has a PRIVATE courtyard patio. They are really sweet to try to get me the nicest room knowing that I'll be here a while probably. So, I'm trying not to get to comfy in here knowing that it will all change again in just a couple days. I'll have to call in my "movers" to come help me get situated :-) .

The visitors have been great!! I'm having to get used to people popping in throughout the day, sometimes unexpectedly, but I do really enjoy the company. It helps pass the time and I really don't prefer to be by myself ALL day. The nights are nice to have some time to myself, but I don't think I'd want that all day every day. I've been blessed to have so much company!! I really do have the best friends and family!!! I'm totally spoiled!! I'll post a picture slide show of of some visitors so far. I'll try to be better about pictures from now on. Stay tuned for pictures...

To sum it all up, really the ONLY thing that is important in the midst of any of my little complaints here and there is that Cooper and Conley are still doing well and they still are growing in my belly which is where they should be. Thank you God for the last few days!!! Thank you for getting us to 24 weeks and 2 days today!!!

2 comments:

Exhausted Mother of Twins said...

Hi Missy,
I don't know you but I have met your mom through my dad (Andy Cargile) during the bedford city council elections. They were helping out Roger Fisher. I just read a few of your entries and they really have brought back a lot of memories for me. I have twins that are 17 months old. They were born 10 weeks early. My son was in the NICU for 6 weeks and my daughter was in for 4 weeks. I was on bed rest for 5 days at home when my water broke there was nothing I could do. You and your family are in my prayers. Hold on to those little ones as long as you can. If you ever want to email me you can. Kristencargile@msn.com I will be thinking of you and your family.

Kristen

Chris & AnnMarie said...

I was emailed your blog and wanted you to know I've been praying for you! I have been on hospital bedrest for the past 14 weeks--it has not been easy, but God is good and is getting us through.

It sounds like you have awesome support from family and friends which is amazing!

Email me or check out our blog if you'd like to chat. Sounds like you're hanging in there!

Ann Marie Kolkhorst
nursekolkhorst@yahoo.com
prayforcoy.blogspot.com