Directions:
Bake a cake mix in the flavor of your choice in a 9x13 pan as directed. Let the cake cool completely. Crumble the cake into a large bowl and mix in the can of frosting with the flavor of choice. Use a large spoon, I used a wooden one, to mash the cake mix and frosting together. Once they are mixed well, roll the gooey mess into quarter-sized balls. Set the balls on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for a few hours until firm. Once the cake balls are firm, roll them in melted almond bark or candy melts and lay on wax paper to dry. You can sprinkle with nuts or sprinkles before the almond bark hardens, or you can drizzle colored candy melts for added decoration.
These are so cute for holiday parties or even as favors or gifts. They were a big hit at the party, and I would definitely make them again! The key is to find the right combination of flavors!!
Good luck! Enjoy!!
3 comments:
Missy, Those look great. I saw an article about them in the Dallas paper about 2 months ago and saved it to make for Christmas gifts. At Neiman's, they are $75 for 18 cake balls. They showed the with the drizzles and sprinkles and were really cute.
Those turned out really cute!! I can't wait to make some too!
Yummy! Thanks for the idea. I can't wait to make them.
Post a Comment