Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank you Jesus!

We've started saying a prayer with Campbell each night before she goes to sleep. Usually the prayer goes something like..."Dear Jesus, thank you for Shelby, thank you for Mommy, thank you for Daddy....." Then we go on to list all of our family and friends. She has started to say it on her own once we get her started. It's interesting what she chooses to say thank you for :) ! Last night, Matt and I said "Dear Jesus..."and then she took over. See below what she said and also the translation I've included in case you don't follow along :).

Campbell: "Daint you Pots, daint you Nannie, daint you wed, daint you orange, daint you yeddow."

Translation: "Thank you for Pops, thank you for Nannie, thank you for red, thank you for orange, thank you for yellow."

Seriously, Mommy and Daddy get no love!

4 comments:

KirkKrew said...

That's cute! I'm proud to know that she's thrown "Doach, Jennjer, Mayme and Karsyn" in there too! :)

gigi said...

Gigi has to tell a little story on Matt ... when I was teaching him prayers it would turn into more of an I Spy game. I would say thank you for something and when it was his turn, he would look around his room and say the item color and I was supposed to guess it. Sounds like that gene got passed down!

Unknown said...

Precious! Go Mom and Dad for teaching your wee one to love the Lord!

Elaine said...

How precious!! I love the prayers of little ones!