Friday, September 5, 2008

Band Nerd or Cheerleader, what's it gonna be?

Tonight I went to a girls prayer night with some friends, so Matt took Campbell to Lamar's football game....Haltom vs. Bell HS. Campbell was all excited to go see "Mamie and Karsyn" as she calls Landrie and Karsyn. Of course she always asks about "Doach" too....that's supposed to be COACH for Lamar. I seriously think that she really believes that his name is Coach - it's so funny! Anyways, Matt took her to the game, and sends me the following text messages:

1st text 7:49 pm: Your daughter loves the cheerleaders. Uh oh! Now she's dancing with them!

2nd text 8:54 pm: Oh no! She REALLY likes the band!

So, I think it's a pretty good sign that she wants to be a "band nerd" (as Matt says) in her Mommy's footsteps!! Maybe she'll even take up the clarinet! I just had to laugh when he sent me those texts! Just thought I would share the funny story!

Here's a shout out to sweet Sydney, a loyal reader of Campbell's Scoop ..... sorry there aren't any pictures this time! I'll try to put some up this weekend ;) !

7 comments:

KirkKrew said...

The girls really had fun at the game! I did take a few pics that I'll send you and you can add them here if you want. :)

gigi said...

Band, Cheerleader, drill team ... I'm sure by then girls will be on the football team. Let's see ... Class of 2024???

Gigi2 said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Loved the texting comments.
Miss you all!

Stacy P. said...

Thanks for the shout out, Missy,but since I can't read, I really need to see some pictures...and video!! :o)
Love,
Sydney
P.S. I want to be a cheerleader, too, so maybe I will steer Campbell in that direction with me!

KARA said...

I gotta go with Cheerleader myself but I think I'm biased! I think I've got my own band nerd on my hands...J LOVES to go watch the Marcus HS band practice. Ugh!

Tracy said...

Hey! I received the bag that you made for me! It is SO CUTE! Thank you so much!! :) I even used it yesterday :)
Thanks again!!

Lolly said...

She will be adorable whatever she chooses to do.

I love your comment about the phone. Too funny. I guess we need to rename you Ms. Talky-Pants.