Well, I am finally home sweet home!! We got home before lunchtime on Friday!! I still can't believe I was in the hospital for 10+ weeks! I can say that looking back, it really didn't seem like 10 weeks. Considering how hard it was to stay in the same room, in the same bed for that long, I had a wonderful experience at HEB Harris. The staff was awesome, and I left with so many memories and relationships that I will always take with me. When we go back to deliver, I am hoping that we can stay in that same hall, as a postpartem patient this time, with my same nurses that I've gotten to know so well. They had such a sweet send off for me, even I was emotional! I was so glad to be getting into a car for the first time and going home, but it was a bittersweet goodbye to leave all of my new friends. They came in my room singing "Happy Going Home Day to You!" to the tune of Happy Birthday. They were carrying cupcakes from Celebrity bakery, a balloon and gift for me and a balloon and gift for Campbell. It was such a nice surprise ... so unnecessary, but very sweet! They had made a headband for Campbell to match the two newborn caps that I had made in our previous craft class. They also had a pink smiley face balloon for her. They had a MUCH too generous gift for me that a bunch of nurses had gone in on together ... a HANDSFREE Medela breastpump!! WOW! They tricked me, because I had brought in my breastpump that I have borrowed from a family friend and had lent out to others since Campbell was born. They wanted to make sure that it would be strong enough for me to use, so one of the nurses, Laura, was supposed to stop by my room to check it out and say goodbye before I left. We were starting to wonder if she was really going to come by when they came in singing with the gift. It is like the "Cadillac" of breastpumps right now ... LOL! It really is SO nice! I'm really going to give it my all to continue as long as possible!! I still can't believe they did that. I'm happy to say that I'm still in touch with lots of them on email and Facebook, so I don't feel like it was truly a goodbye. I look forward to my appointment on Wednesday morning when I'll get to pop in to say hello to everyone again. Plus, it will be a nice excuse for me to be able to get out of the house for a change of scenery. We have our sonogram and NST at the hospital first thing Wednesday morning. Then we'll head over to Dr. Wood's office for an appointment with her. I'll have that same schedule the next two Wednesdays.
Then at 36 weeks (only 10 more days!!) I'll be allowed off bed rest and off my Terbutaline pump!! I can't wait! I know I'll still "take it easy", but I've made a HUGE to-do list for that first day that I'm on my feet. I'll probably wear myself out and have to stop for a nap, but I'm looking forward to getting things done ON MY OWN before delivering ... hair cut, nails, baby bow shopping, organize, clean and "nest" at home getting things ready for babies. Everyone has been SO awesome to do so much to help me not go crazy, but the control-freak in me is going stir crazy and ready to bust out!!
Here are some pictures since being home.
Here is my sweet send-off from the nurses
Matt and Campbell taking me to the car

Getting in the car for the first time
Welcome home Mommy!

My new view
Our homemade tent for movie night my first night home

No comments:
Post a Comment